entréesprofilamisparlezmémoires
Querry Letter: Women's Press
Tuesday, March 2, 2010 @ 11:12 AM
Mailing address: 771 Raymond Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55114


Women’s Press
Editor@Womenspress.com

Dear Editor of Women’s Press

I live in a small town, and often I find it difficult to find a means of entertainment that is of low cost, and in a short distance. Beginning a book club is a great source of entertainment, as well a wonderful opportunity to get neighbors and friends together, and bonding over their interests and love of reading.

I would like to write an article for your publication on how anyone, from any place can start their own book club. My article will be packed with advice on how to start a book club, what kinds of book clubs are available, such as Oprah’s book club, and other ready-formed book clubs.

I would like to include advice on how to pick the best book for discussion, and list popular books that have been used in the past. Also, I would include advice on how many books to read in a year, and what books to shy away from.

I would also like to include advice on how to run, moderate and organize a successful book club. The first decision one must make, is who to include in the book club. This can make or break the gathering. A book club is all about good discussion, I want to advice on what kind of questions to ask, and what not to bring up.

Finally, I would like to shed light on ways to create the perfect atmosphere for a book discussion. I will include the perfect snacks and hors d’oeurves to serve during the book club, and include perfect recipes and where to find these recipes.

This story will be 1,500 words, and will not exceed this amount. I am a growing writer, and dependable writer. I will be graduating from Millersville University, with a bachelor of arts degree in English, with a minor in print media studies. I have had experience as a staff writer for the university newspaper for a year, and have been the news editor for a year.